Presented by Dr. Shannon South
3 NCASPPB contact hours total
- NCASPPB approved substance use specific (SS)
Pre-recorded webinar. Anxiety Disorders are the most common mental health issue in the world. Science shows us that these ongoing anxiety patterns will add to a person’s earlier death and lots of suffering if left untreated. Many individuals in recovery from drugs and alcohol experience symptoms of anxiety. Dealing with anxiety becomes a coping strategy for recovery.
Mild to Severe panic attacks can accompany these patterns and create miserable to disabling symptoms plus more fear for the anxious person. Fortunately, there is a light at the end of the tunnel.
- Discuss the In’s and Out’s of Anxiety and Panic.
- Identify the symptom relief vs. long-term healing strategies.
- Discuss the Mind-body-spirit approaches that “get to the root” of the problem for good.
- Discuss how to heal anxiety patterns beyond cognitive therapy.
- Describe the important coping strategies for individuals in recovery from addiction.